Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

Default vertical alignment in a text box

In a previous post, Jay Freedman said:

Instead of a text box, insert a one-cell table. You can drag it to the
size you want and the location you want. Right-click the cell, choose
Cell Alignment, and click the thumbnail for the alignment you want.

--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Laura4363" wrote:

Is there really no simple way to vertically align text in a text box in Word?
I've seen one answer that said you have to create a 1 cell table instead but
surely there must be a simple way of doing it? In fact I'm sure I did it
once before, ages ago, but I really can't find a way of doing it now!