Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

Default "Pack Man" eating my typing

When this occurs, look down at your Status Bar and you will see OVR
highlighted. If you double-click on OVR it will turn off the overtype
feature.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

" wrote:

Hello helpful people, I have a problem that occurs on occassion. When
I go back to insert a correction in a word in my text ,the next letter
I type takes out the next letter infront of it so that I end up having
to retype all the following letters. It is an image of the early game
Pack Man gobbling the next letter, with each letter I type I lose one
letter ahead. This quirk usually starts after I have been using word
for a paprgraph or two. What's going on? Have I described the problem
in an understandable fashion? Best regrds,Roblites