Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Graham is offline

Default Office 2007 Word Help files

Disappointingly, no. I get the same problem.

Ther file Firefox is trying to open is from MS.WINWORD.12.1033 if that helps
at all...

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Let's take a step back here. :-) If you start Word in Safe mode (hold the
Ctrl key as you start the application), then does it work correctly?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Graham" wrote in message

Thanks again for trying, Stefan!

I cannot find any add-on or application that might cause this problem -
none
are new (ie ones that I haven't used befoe) and the applications list in
Firefox has Windows selected as 'use m'soft word as default'.

Still stumped - but grateful to you for trying!

Graham
"Stefan Blom" wrote:

No, uninstalling and reinstalling is unlikely to help.

Check if Firefox installs an add-in, as that could very well be the
problem.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Graham" wrote in message
Thanks for the suggestion Stefan - I have tried repairing, both from
the
computer and from the actual installation disk - no joy there though.

It looks as though I may have to uninstall and reinstall, doesn't it?

I only noticed the fault after installing Firefox 3.0 - has anyone else
noticed a problem?

Thanks.
Graham

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Have you tried repairing the installation of Office?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Graham" wrote:

I can no longer access the Help files. I get a 'download' box open
which
asks if I want to open, save or cancel a file called
'transitions.htm'
What
is happening and how can I get the help files back? The same is
happening in
Excel and Powerpoint too. Thanks!

Word 2007/Vista Home Premium 32-bit/Firefox 3.0.1