Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CNPS CNPS is offline

Default My barcodes won't print!

Hi. I've read the other bar code posts but no one has had this problem.

(Before someone tells me that Postnet bar codes in Word are not supported by
the USPS, please note that this case only applies to bulk mail discounts and
delivery point (apartment number) addresses. According to the USPS, Postnet
can still be used using zip codes for non-bulk mailing purposes).

I'm using Word 2003.

Here's the problem- I have to print postcards...hundreds of them. The
postcards cannot have the post office put a barcode sticker on them (the
cards are dark so they can't print directly on them either), so therefore we
must print them under the address block. I have done the mailmerge and can
see the addresses and bar codes display on my computer screen. However, when
I go to print, my mail merge fields print OK but the bar code field (which I
can see plainly on the screen), spits out something ugly like "{BARCODE "111
MAPLE ST"\u}- it has done this on all of them. Why won't the bar code print?
Please help.