Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Default How do I insert a break line across the page

Most likely you typed 3 successive dashes[---], then pressed Enter, which
[among others(___ , === )] actually applies a paragraph border. That is a
part of the AutoFormat As You Type feature. To turn it Off go to
ToolsAutoCorrect & remove the Borders check.

To remove a border & for more Border options take a look at FormatBorders &
Shading - Borders tab & Shading tab.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"jimtmcdaniels" wrote in message
Somehow I got word to insert a solid line across the page (looks alot like
holding down the underline key) and I like it, but I can't duplicate this
line (find the feature) in other word documents, except by copying the
line
and pasting.

Can anyone tell me how to insert this feature when desired?

Thanks