Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MoJR

Default adding pages

Cindy,
Now I know why people pay big bucks to have this stuff done!!
Apparently, I like the punishment.
So far, I have managed to get the fillable forms in one document. Howver,
the fourth page does not need to have the pleading paper format. When I
follow the instructions to take it off the fourth page, I lose the formatting
on the page that needs the formatting.
I'm getting closer but not close enough.
You must be a saint to work with this stuff and still be able to converse
normally!!
Please tell me how to accomplish removing the formatting on the fourth page.
Thank you,
Jim

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?TW9KUg==?=,

I was able to get all the forms into one document. However, the third form
is formatted on pleading paper, with two vertical lines on the left side of
the document running the full length of the document. This has two
challenges. The first, all of the lines are numbered, but they are not spaced
properly. They should be double spaced. I was successful in changing the text
line width, but could not change the pleading paper numbers. Second, when I
insert the last page, it is formatted on the pleading paper and I cannot get
it to go away, leave town, take 5, whatever. Hopefully, the description of
the challenges is understandable.

I'm not really familiar with "pleading paper", so unless someone else jumps in,
you may have to help me along with how the pleading paper is constructed...

Last time I looked at a pleading paper template (ten or more years back), it
inserted a FRAME in the header, down the left-hand margin, to contain the static
numbers. Assuming the approach is still the same

1. View/Headers and Footers.

2. Can you click in/on the numbers, now? Does a slash-bordered box appear around
them? If you right-click this border, do you see a command Format Frame?

3. In any case, whether it's a frame or not, at this point you should be able to
change the line spacing for the numbers?

4. Still assuming I'm on the right track... If the fourth form should NOT have
the numbers, you should be able (while NOT viewing the header, but the cursor in
either the third or fourth page) to go into File/Page Setup/Layout and activate
"Different First Page". Now the pleading numbers will appear only on the fourth
page. Go into the Header/Footer view for the fourth page, click on the box,
Edit/Cut, move up to the third page header, then Edit/Paste

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)