Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Alex,

You can use Insert=Picture from File, select the picture
then use Ctrl+K to create the hyperlink as one method.

==========
"Alex" wrote in message ...
Hi, a colleague has asked me how to insert hyperlinks to various documents in
her word files, and make these links appear as icons (as in My Computer) with
the various program logos on there (such as the X for excel). i never knew
you could do this and so couldn't help, does anyone know how to do this?
thanks.
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

For Everyday MS Office tips to "use right away" -
http://microsoft.com/events/series/a...andtricks.mspx