rocky312

Suzanne, thank you for the advice. It helped a ton.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you are using autonumbering, you can select I, II, III as the number
format instead of 1, 2, 3. If you select the third pane in the bottom row of
the List Gallery on the Outline Numbered tab of Format | Bullets and
Numbering, roman numerals are already applied to Heading 1. For more on
setting up outline numbering properly, see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html

"rocky312" wrote in message
I am writing a book and would like to use roman numerals as chapter
guides(e.g. Chapter 1) only with a roman numeral instead of (1). I am

using
Microsoft Word 2002.

I have looked in format, tools, insert, and can't find it anywhere?