Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
LurfysMa LurfysMa is offline

Default FYI Word 2007 users who must have menus

On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 02:08:38 -0400, "Greg Maxey"
wrote:

Larry,

I have read many of your posts and your disappointment with Word2007 is
clearly evident. To be blunt you are beginning to sound like a broken
record.

I am not thrilled by it either, but there are many features that I like and
the more I use it my initial ire continues to diminish. I have spent a
little time playing with RibbonX custimaztion and while I am far from
proficient, I have been able to create some custom tabs and I am actually
quite satisfied with the result. I sent you an e-mail (or tried) offering
to send you a sample document with some simple ribbon cusotomizations. I
will still do that if you are interested.

I think you have completely missed Larry's point. If you like the new
product or if you are willing to spend hours learning new techniques,
that's great. Larry's point is that MS has forced him to do so.

If he's like me, Word is a tool, not a career. I thank Larry for being
so vocal. I just want the damned thing to work. I hate conversions and
releases because there is always down time and adjustments. I have a
business to run and I want reliable tools that don't require more time
for me to learn them than they require to do the job.

MS is a huge multi-gazillionaire company. They can provide a
compatibility mode for new releases so that I can have it work exactly
like it used to if I want it to.

MS has been arrogant toward its users in the past. Is this another
example?

Do you have a garage? If I recall correctly, Microsoft was born in a
garage. Why don't you design a word processing application in your garage
or similiar small space that satisfies all of your tastes and requirement
and market it? If you pull it off and there really are millions of users
and thousands of companies that feel the same as you then your fortune is
made.

Now that is a really stupid comment.

--
Running Word 2000 SP-3 on Windows 2000