Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Default To select text and replace when typing a new word

Select Tools Options Edit tab and turn on "Typing replaces selection".

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Habrix J" wrote:

I am using MS Office 2003. I have a problem with Word.

The problem only started recently, so I probably changed some setting
without knowing it.

Usually when you select text by highlighting it and then starts to type the
selected text is replaced with the new text. For some reason that doesn't
happen. The highlighted text stays there as if I have only clicked and
started to type.

How can I change the settings for this?