Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert M. Franz [RMF] Robert M. Franz [RMF] is offline

Default Video in Word

Hello Meep

Meep wrote:
I want to embed a videofile into Word so that it is contained within
the docx-file. Preferably avi.

I can't help but wonder why people want to use Word as a wrapper for all
sorts of things. What's your goal by this?

The problem with just "Insert-Object-Create from file" is that it
creates an OLE embedded object. I need to do this by editing the xml
code in the docx file manually and I have no idea how to create a OLE
embedded object from my avi file. I would really like to use mye avi
file as it is, put it into the package media folder inside the docx
file and link to it.

I'm not sure this is easily possible. Your best bet is to try one of the
office developer newsgroups or forums. I see a similar discussion he

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...1-f058c1991ce9

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee355229.aspx

0.2¢
Robert