Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default autotext doesn't always work

If this is Word 2003 or earlier, note that AutoComplete (which I suspect is
what you're referring to when you speak of ones that "work") requires that
the AutoText entry name be at least four characters long and that these
characters be unique. If the first four letters of an entry name are the
same as the first four of the name of another entry, you will have to type
more letters until you reach one that is different.

"Beth Mc" .(donotspam) wrote in message
I have a number of autotext entries. I added some new ones recently. Some
of
them work, some of them don't. Any suggestions?
--
Thanks,
Beth