Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Center label text vertically?

This is evidently a change in Word 2007. In Word 2003, the same steps give
you labels that are vertically centered (and have "separator rows" between
rows of labels). When the label definition was redone, evidently the
vertical centering was omitted.

http://word.mvps.org

"AKMMS" wrote in message
I don't have any extraneous empty paragraphs. Here are the steps I am
taking
to make the labels:

1. Open Word 2007
2. Click Mailings
3. Click Labels
4. Click Options
5. Select the Avery US Letter Vendor from the dropdown list
6. Select Product #5066
7. Click OK
8. Click New Document

A new Word document opens up with the label borders showing. I proceed to
type in the text but it doesn't center. Did I do something wrong?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

In most versions of Word, labels are vertically centered by default. If
yours are not centering, make sure you don't have extraneous empty
paragraphs.

http://word.mvps.org

"AKMMS" wrote in message
Is there any way to automatically center the text of each label in Word
vertically as opposed to horizontally? I am using the general Label
option,
not mail merge.

.