Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
tammy tammy is offline

Default Email merge not including the header of the letter

Update - my user is not using her Outlook contacts. She is creating an email
merge in Word, and using an Access query as her contact source. I
experimented with OL contacts, and it did not work, so I know the contact
source doesn't have anything to do with this. I have a feeling this is going
to be a "can't be done" answer.

Thanks for any suggestions!

"Tammy" wrote:

Hi,

I posted this to the Outlook group first, and they told me to post the
question in the Word group. Here is the post:

Hi,

I wasn't sure if this should be posted in the Word group, or Outlook. If I
should repost to the Word group, please let me know.

I have a user who is trying to send out a mail merge letter using a template
she created, which includes a header, as the main document. The source is her
Outlook Contacts folder. The email goes out, but the header is not included
in the email message.

Can a header from a letter be included with an email merge? If so, how can I
do this?

Is there a way to make sure the entire letter, including a header and
footer, gets sent through an email?

If not, do you have any other suggestions? The letter is personalized during
the mail merge process, so we can't attach a "generic" letter to the email.

Thanks!