It would appear that my answer posted this morning has gotten lost, so I'll
repeat it:

If you have Adobe Acrobat 7, see the last section of
http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm. But note that
Word has built-in shortcuts for accented letters (the one for é is Ctrl+',
e), or you could enable an international keyboard; for more, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/InsertSpecChars.htm

"James f" wrote in message
I assign some French symbols as shortcut keys (eg, ALT+E = é)...so far, so
good. But, when I shut down Words and start it again, all of my shortcut

keys
have disappeared. What am I doing wrong?