Graham Mayor

What essentially you are saying is that everyone is out of step bar you and
that everyone else must conform to your ideas of message display for your
convenience. This is a text based newsgroup. Please use text format when
accessing it. Not everyone accesses the internet by high speed adsl. Some of
us access by expensive dial -up systems, even slow GSM mobile systems. We
don't appreciate the extra bandwidth, and we certainly don't want add-ins.

If you don't like the rules of the club, don't join it!

Cynthia wrote:
The only place I see really large posts (over 100kb) is in the
stationery newsgroups and all of those ARE html format.

My post was only 60kb which is rather small by comparison. Would it
have made a difference if I zipped the instructions? Since I use OE6
for newsgroups...well..

I remember the problem a year or so ago on ALL of Microsoft's public
newsgroups when hackers were sending out those bogus Microsoft
update/upgrade scam mails which were virus-infected. Lord knows, I
got over 200 a day on my e-mail server, and as a result had to change
my e-mail address and password with my ISP! That was the only way to
resolve the issue. I was getting automated e-mail from my ISP telling
me I had exceeded my quota!

Now, I have security in place (not just SP2 for Windows XP) that
gives me STEALTH results (testing all ports at Shields Up web site).

As for the MS public newsgroups - John Eddy (Microsoft) informed
people that no attachments would be allowed in public newsgroups
because of it, and that in the OE6 stationery newsgroup, any posts
over 100 had to be divided. Because of this, he set up a private
newsgroup where there is not this limit. And that's where I post my
stationery creations. Mine generally don't go over 260kb insize. I
have seen some posts as large as 600kb+ which is ridiculous.

I happen to access the Internet via high speed DSL (1.5MBps).

Cynthia