Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Henk57[_201_] Henk57[_201_] is offline

Default I need your help very much

'Tom[_33_ Wrote:
;2683382'] Hi,-

I need your help very much.

I have a table, let's say 6 columns and 8 rows.
I have to divide it into 2 separate tables along the
line between the 3rd and 4th columns making
a slot between them. So I would like to have
2 tables containing 3 columns and 8 rows, side
by side, with a slot between them. How to do it?
If it is not possible to divide existing table like that,
how to create 2 tables, side by side, with a slot
between them?

Instead to dividing the existing table into 2 parts
I could make a frame around each part bur I don't
know how to do it either.

Please help me.-

Sorry, I forgot to add that I use MS Word 97. I could
use MS Word 2000 too.

Regards
Tom

I think the easiest way is to add a column between the 3rd and 4th, and
make this small, with all horizontal border lines invisible. You still
have one table, but they appear like two. The advantage is you keep
the rows side by side, and you can adjust the width of the "separator
column".

--
Henk57