Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Greg is offline

Default How do I allow a user to insert signature into a protected for

Thanks a ton! That worked. One final question related to this solution is
whether it's possible to make a section break that doesn't cause a line break.

Greg

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Insert a section break before the space where the image will go. (and one
after it if not at the end).
From the developer tab Protect document restrict Formatting & Editing
Editing Restrictions Filling In Forms Select sections Check all but
the section to be unprotected. Start Enforcing Protection.
For creating forms in 2007 see also
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Classic%20Form%20Controls.htm

Greg wrote:
Thanks Graham,

How do you do that in Word 2007?

Greg

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

In that case you will have to leave an unprotected section in which
users can insert the image of choice.

Greg wrote:
Sorry, I should've provided more detail.

I need the user to insert an image file of their hand-written
signature. Unfortunately I don't know the end users, so it can't be
solved by using a drop down menu.

Other ideas?

Thanks,
Greg

"finalword" wrote:

What sort of signature are you looking to insert? You could add a
Text box so that they type their name, but I'm betting that you are
looking for more than this. Can you provide further information?

"Greg" wrote:

I'm creating a simple protected form that is a series of text
fields and check boxes in Word 2007. Does anyone know the easiest
way to do this?

Thanks,
Greg