Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
LeAnne LeAnne is offline

Default Emailing Word 2007 documents to others

Thanks for the info! However, I tend to use Arial. Maybe I should try Times
New Roman 10?

"PamC via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

Even though you are saving to 97-2003, if you used Word's new fonts (Calibri,
Cambria, etc.) and if the recipient does not have these fonts, Word will
substitute another one. The same characters in different fonts of the same
size will usually have different widths. If standard (every 1/2 inch) tabs
and spaces are used to align items such as in a list, misalignments could
happen. That could result in wonky documents on the other end. Other things
that could show up are lines that are longer or shorter than they are in
your document.

The fix is to use fonts that are available in W2003 in document you need to
share.

Note that people who have loaded the compatibility pack have the new fonts.
But others, probably not.

HTH,
PamC

Leanne wrote:
If I'm attaching my Word 2007 document to an email, I save it in the 97-2003
version. Even when I do this, the person who receives the attachment sees
the document all wonky and funnily spaced.

I don't know why this is happening.