Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Word 2007 Field Update

If you want to force an update on opening the document, you could add an
autoopen macro to its template to update the fields in the document. The
sample update code used as an example at
http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm would work in most instances - or
simply add the update macro to a QAT (Quick Access Toolbar) button and have
it always available to update your fields whenever you wish.

"mike_c" wrote in message
I believe fields are supposed to update on opening by default, but mine
never
dop. I can only update manually in the body of text or a header/footer.
How
can I get them to auto-update (Ctrl+SHIFT+F11 does nothing)