Norman Marshall

Default Acrobat writer 5.0 Compatibility with word 2003

I am baffled. Everything about Office 2003 and Acrobat 5 works just fine for
me EXCEPT for this **** system message from MS Word warning me about a
possible incompatibility and urging me to go throw money at the problem
upgrading to Adobe 6. Can I turn this message off somehow, which is seriously
annoying when for example I trying to insert a Word object in a Powerpoint
document? I don't by the way get any such message from Excel or Powerpoint.

Norman Marshall

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Acrobat 5 pre-dates Word 2003 and does not recognise the latter's directory
structure. If you ensure that its add-in is in the correct Office startup
folder - usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\STARTUP it
should load\ automatically. make sure you have the lastest update for this
version of Acrobat.

Word MVP web site www.mvps.org/word

Gideon wrote:
After the upgrade the Acrobat buttons are missing. I reinstaled
Acrobat (5) after office upgrade, hoping it will help but it didn't

See http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;826855
"After You Upgrade to Word 2003, Adobe Acrobat Buttons Are Missing
or Do
Not Work, or You Receive an Error Message".

Gideon wrote:

I recently upgraded my MS Office to Version 2003. However it
eliminated the Acrobat 5.0 buttons from the new Word toolbar. Dose
Acrobat 5.0 not support Word 2003? is there a way to make it
support and function with Word 2003?