Toon

That took care of the problem !! Thank you so much !!!!!!

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

Is ¶ amongst them? If so, click on the ¶ button on the toolbar.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Toon" wrote in message
news
For the last 7 days, when I tried to open a document made from Word 97, it
took very long to open.

Now, today, all of my Word documents ( around 150 Ea. ) have weird
looking
symbols spread throughout the document while looking at the monitor.

The symbols look similar to a symbol you would see on a sheet of music.

However, when I print the document, it prints fine without the weird
symbols.

When I install a backup disk with a Word Document, the symbols appear on
the
monitor.

Can ANYONE help me get rid of these weird symbols ? Please !!