Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Assigning shortcut keys to paragraph styles in Word 2007

Word 2003 allows you to assign Alt combinations even though they may be the
accelerator keys for menu items (which it doesn't bother to tell you). In
Word 2007, I imagine that the behavior has changed to (a) still not telling
you the current assignment but (b) not letting you reassign the combination.
In the case of Word 2007, I believe this may be because the shortcuts are
contextual.

"John Sandu" John wrote in message
After installing the beta, I tried to create a new style and assign to it

shortcut key, ALT+S. Enetring the dialog box for Shortcut key, I typed

ALT+S
and the I've seen "[unassigned]". But when I pushed the Assign button, I
received an error like "Word cannot change..." something related to

already
assigned keys.
I don't realize what's happening, because in Word 2003 this action was
working sharp...