Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John Sandu

Default Assigning shortcut keys to paragraph styles in Word 2007

Thanks, Suzanne.

Yes, I've seen that pressing ALT and waiting a little, we can see letters
and digits which we can combine in shortcuts; S is combined in many contexts,
so I can understand ALT+S can be a built-in shortcut when I make a document.
We have to accept part of (or all) the changes and adapt to them, that's
evolution.

Now I am looking for a method to assign shortcuts to paragraph styles (or
some other objects). I mean - "handy shortcuts", not shortcuts (very)
difficult to type... So, my next question could be: How can I know what
shortcuts are "free of charge"? Or, better, there is a method to know if a
shortcut is reserved or not (I mean in Office 2007)?

John Sandu

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Word 2003 allows you to assign Alt combinations even though they may be the
accelerator keys for menu items (which it doesn't bother to tell you). In
Word 2007, I imagine that the behavior has changed to (a) still not telling
you the current assignment but (b) not letting you reassign the combination.
In the case of Word 2007, I believe this may be because the shortcuts are
contextual.

"John Sandu" John wrote in message
After installing the beta, I tried to create a new style and assign to it

shortcut key, ALT+S. Enetring the dialog box for Shortcut key, I typed

ALT+S
and the I've seen "[unassigned]". But when I pushed the Assign button, I
received an error like "Word cannot change..." something related to

already
assigned keys.
I don't realize what's happening, because in Word 2003 this action was
working sharp...