Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John Sandu

Default Assigning shortcut keys to paragraph styles in Word 2007

It WORKS!!!

I assigned ALT+S as Shortcut key to my paragraph style.

It's... a kind of complicated, I guess. Is it allowed a such shortcut, or it
is not?

Thanks, Cindy, you got me a way to solve my styles in the... old manner.

John Sandu

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?Sm9obiBTYW5kdQ==?=,

After installing the beta, I tried to create a new style and assign to it a
shortcut key, ALT+S. Enetring the dialog box for Shortcut key, I typed ALT+S
and the I've seen "[unassigned]". But when I pushed the Assign button, I
received an error like "Word cannot change..." something related to already
assigned keys.
I don't realize what's happening, because in Word 2003 this action was
working sharp...

Try doing it this way:

The "Start" button (top left), Word Options (bottom of the list). CHoose
Customize from the list on the left, then click the Keyboard shortcut button.
From the list on the left, choose "Styles". Select your style from the list on
the right, and continue as usual.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland