Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com is offline

Default headers and footers sections

Via the Format Page Number dialog, you can have the page number
automatically include the Chapter Number

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"eyeday" wrote in message
I generate Tables of Contents from documents. What I'm trying to do is add
section or chapter number before the page number. I want it to look like
1-1,
1-2, 1-3 (Section 1-page 1, Section 1-page 2, Section 1-page 3, etc.). The
page numbering is not the problem, the section # is the challenging part.
Right now, I am simply inputting the section number and hypen manually, so
when I generate the TOC, I have to add it manually there, as well. Anyone
have a solution out there? I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!