Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Default Selectively clear recent document list

Thank you Suzanne. I'm just re-installing Word 2010 and will then have a
look at the changes there.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
It appears from another thread that Graham has already done this and is
adding it to his Web site, but Jay hints that this won't be necessary in
Word 2010.

http://word.mvps.org

"Tony Jollans" My forename at my surname dot com wrote in message
I don't know of anything, except that I think they get a sort of priority
when you reduce the size of the list to anything other than zero - but
doing this does not cause the registry to be cleared so if you increase
the size of the list again, it just brings back all the ones you had
before.

I don't think it would be enormously difficult to add some sort of
feature to Greg's macro but I don't have time at the moment and I suspect
Greg - game though I'm sure he'd be - would need some help to pull the
flags out of the registry.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
There's something about pinning, though--perhaps that when you reset to
zero and then restore to a positive number the pinned ones come back?

http://word.mvps.org

"Tony Jollans" My forename at my surname dot com wrote in message
That neither shows the 'pin' status of an entry, nor allows its use as
a selection criterion, because, AFAIK, the Obect Model does not provide
the information. I stand by what I first said that this can not be done
without digging in the registry.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
Yes, http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Recent_Files_List_Editor.htm.

--
Jay

On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 18:32:07 -0500, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

Doesn't Greg have a macro that does this?

http://word.mvps.org

"Tony Jollans" My forename at my surname dot com wrote in message
.. .
I don't believe it is possible without reading the registry.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

"Geoff Budd" wrote in message
I use a macro to clear the recent documents list in Word 2007 as
follows:

Sub ClearMRU()
' Clears the list of most recently used documents
Dim ListSize
Application.DisplayRecentFiles = True
ListSize = Application.RecentFiles.Maximum
Application.RecentFiles.Maximum = 0
Application.RecentFiles.Maximum = ListSize
End Sub

However, what I would really like to do is only clear the list of
documents
that have not been "pinned". Does anyone know a way of clearing
the list
but
leaving the "pinned" ones on the list?

Many thanks,