Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default A Better Solution?

Hi Rebecca

Rebecca wrote:
Using a Fijitsu ScanSnap scanner, I scanned (at a "very good" resolution) an
entire book of 350 pages, which has many color pictures, using Acrobat 7.0.
The resulting PDF was 154 megabytes. I then saved this PDF as a htm file,
opened it in MS Word 2003 or 2007 (same results in both), and saved it as a
word document. The resulting doc size is a teensy-weensy 21 KB, and the file

Wait a minute: how many high-color pictures are there in your 350 page
document? At 21 KByte, I doubt there can be much text in a 350 page Word
document, and no pictures to speak of. When you save as HTML, the
pictures and other stuff are most probably external (that's what Word
does, anyway, when you save a document to HTML there).

There seems to be either a couple of other big files around, or your
resulting document cannot be much more then a mere text file ...

BTW, have you tried saving as RTF from Acrobat?

Greetinx
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS