Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
BK BK is offline

Default password a folder??

That's what I thought. I'll head over to another newsgroup.

"TF" terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom wrote in message
That definitely needs to be done using permissions at server level: check
with an appropriate server NG.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"BK" wrote in message
: Thanks, Graham. I must have been remembering incorrectly.
:
: This issue involves a classroom setting where all students (on the
network)
: have permission to access the data drive. I thought I could have each
: student's data folder password protected so that students couldn't open
each
: other's folders and "borrow" completed assignments.
:
: You wouldn't have a quick and easy solution, would you? The only thing
: can think of now is to grant permissions student by student to only
their
: folder. Too bad there are lots of students and going through them one
at
: time would be a lot of work.
:
:
:
:
: "Graham Mayor" wrote in message
: ...
: You were never able to password protect folders from Word!
: You can arrange permissions through the operating system
:
: --
:
: Graham Mayor - Word MVP
:
: My web site www.gmayor.com
: Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
:
:
: BK wrote:
: Using Windows XP Pro and Office 2003.
:
: I thought I used to be able to password protect a folder, but I can
: only seem to require a password on individual files. Am I missing a
: way to require a password to open a folder??
:
:
:
: