Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Mail merge data not showing on Mail Recipient List

The list has think black lines instead of the
data. How can I fix this problem?

Which version of Word/Excel?

Do you see the column headings in the Mail Recipients dialog?

What do the black lines look like? Do they run from side to side in each
cell, or do you mean that the vertical lines between the columns of data are
thicker than usual (not sure whether you meant "thin" or "thick" when you
said "think" :-) But in either case I haven't seen this before so am just
looking for clues).

What kind of data do you have in the affected columns? (or perhaps, the ones
before)?

As an immediate workaround, if you are using Word XP or 2003, check
Word|Tools|Options|General|"Confirm conversions at open", then reconnect to
your data source and choose the DDE option when it is offered. It may not
make any difference but it is worth a try.

Peter Jamieson
"Connie G" Connie wrote in message
I am trying to create a mail merge from Excel spreadsheet, and Mail
recipient
list does not show data from several columns in mail recipient list, even
though the data is there. The list has think black lines instead of the
data. How can I fix this problem?

Thanks so much for your help,
Connie G