Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DeanH DeanH is offline

Default Need enhanced table to text conversion

If you are not worried about formatting, then you can select all of the
tables (Ctrl+A) or cursor before the first table and Ctrl+Shft+End, copy and
then you can use Paste Special, Unformatted Text, which will give you no
tables but text Tab Delimited.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Walter Briscoe" wrote:

I use Word 2003.
I have a document which consist of a sequence of tables separated by
page breaks.
I can convert the document to text by putting the focus in each table in
turn and doing Table/Convert/Table to Text/Paragraph Marks/OK.
That is tedious in a 50 table document.
I would appreciate advice on some VBA to automate the process.

Each table consists of a full width row followed by two rows of 4
columns.

I hope this explains the layout
wwwwwww1
h1h2h3h4
t1t2t3t4

This is converted to
wwwwwww1
h1
h2
h3
h4
t1
t2
t3
t4

(It runs across rows first and then down columns)

I want it to convert to
wwwwwww1
h1
t1
h2
t2
h3
t3
h4
t4
(I want it to run down columns first and than across rows.)

While I could shuffle the output, it is tedious and error-prone.
I would value advice on simplifying the process.
--
Walter Briscoe