Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jim In Minneapolis Jim In Minneapolis is offline

Default How to Make ALL Documents view "100%"?

Thanks, Stefan

Your macro approach works great.

I appreciate your patience with me.

Jim

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Generally, documents open in the view and zoom that they were saved. To set
a specific view for existing documents or templates, just open them and set
the zoom as desired (see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/SaveViewAndZoom.htm).

However, for documents created by others, you have no control over the
initial view. Instead, you will have to change the settings manually, as
described above.

Alternatively, use a macro to force the desired settings as you open
documents. Read the article at http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm
and then use the following code in your normal.dotm temploate to force Print
Layout view, with a zoom of 100%:

Sub AutoNew()
ActiveWindow.View.Type = 3
ActiveWindow.View.Zoom.Percentage = 100
End Sub

Sub AutoOpen()

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Jim In Minneapolis" wrote in message
I get a lot of .doc file attachments in my email. When I click on them to
view, my Word 2007 ends up displaying them with VARIOUS (diferent!) page
view
magnifications each time. Some times they'll display around 200%-or-so.
Sometimes around 175%, etc.

QUESTION: I would like ALL of these .doc attachments to initially display
at 100% (full-page view) .. . . withOUT me having to "manually" shrink or
enlarge whatever roll-of-the-dice magnificiation the paticular document
initially displays!

Is there any SIMPLE way to do this? (Note: I do NOT know "VBA" or any
fancy programming. Please keep the answer EASY to implement, ok?)

Thanks for your help!