Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Default Creatie WORD datbase from .xls file

It is possible that the Excel filter has been removed by a security update.
You can add it again - linked from the downloads page of my web site,

ibexx wrote:
Office 2000 small business, Windows XP Pro: I am trying to create
Avery 8160 lables in WORD form an Excel database. . My sequence in
WORD is as follows. ToolsMail MergeCreate Main DocumentMailing
Lables Active WindowGet DataOpen Data Source. When I get to into
folder that contains the .xls file the only files listed in that
folder are WORD files. When I click on the File Type drop down menu
at the botton of the OPEN DATA SOURCE window, the only options I have
are "All Word Documents", "Word documents", "Web pages", "Rich text
format", "Text files and "MS Access databases" (for what it's worth I
don't even have M.S.Access but I do have Excel.). There is no "All
Files" or "Excel
databases" option. I have done this successfully in the past with
Office 2000 and XP Pro but it is not working now. I have not changed
software or computer or anything elsw I am aware of since this worked
last Help