Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default height of footers for odd/even pages

Well, you did mention "para," but I wasn't sure which aspects of
paragraph formatting you looked at.

Anyway, I'm glad you got it sorted, with Suzanne's assistance.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"SWM" wrote in message
Good suggestion, Stefan, although actually I had checked that aspect

(see my
original post).
SWM

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Verify that the settings for Spacing Before/After (in Format |
Paragraph, Indents and Spacing tab) is identical in both footers.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"SWM" wrote in message
This is a puzzler...I'm using odd and even pages (no different

first
page)
for a manual. The height of the footers is uneven - when you

print
preview or
print, the even page footer is aligned higher above the bottom

of
the page
than the odd page footer. Trying to position either the odd or

even
footer
(by opening the footer and dragging the ruler marks) results in

its
opposite
also being reduced or enlarged the same amount. Why can't I

position
the odd
and even page footers separately? I haven't had this happen

previously.

I have a page # and text in the footers. I inserted the page #s

from
the
header/footer toolbar. I checked the para. numbering for the

text
and page #s
- there's no additional space above.

The headers seem fine.