mopman45

Thank you. This has been most helpful to me.

"CyberTaz" wrote:

First of all, DoNot attempt to save directly to a floppy or open a file on a
floppy through Word. Always save/copy to your hard disk _first_, work with
that file then copy it back to a floppy when finished. The disk may be
formatted, but the error may have come up if you were trying to save directly
to it.

Formatting of disks (floppy or otherwise) is done using the Operating
System. When you put an unformatted disk in you should be prompted to format
it then. If not, Open My Computer as a window, right-click the floppy (A:
Drive) icon and choose Format form the shortcut menu.

HTH |:)

"mopman45" wrote:

The last time I saved a project to my "a" drive and put in my disc it stated
that the disc was not formatted and I could not open the files saved to that
disc.