Paul (ESI)

Wow! Thanks, folks. That's good to know. I would never have thought Word
would have so many problems with something that seems so common. I've always
saved to the hard drive first (just so I have a copy I know I can trust), but
I'd often then save directly from word to a floppy, zip drive, or more
recently my USB flash drive. I won't do that anymore. I'll copy.

Good point, CyberTaz. Of course, sometimes there is just nowhere to go, and
media becomes obsolete. Look at VHS. That technology stayed pretty much
exactly the same for a long time, and is now virtually completely replaced by
DVD. Look at casette tapes. They stayed pretty much exactly the same for a
long time, and have now been virtually completely replaced by CDs. Believe it
or not, they still make casette tapes, though. LOL.

The same thing is kinda happening to floppy disks. Zip drives, CD-RW, USB
Flash drives, floppy disks are just becoming a thing of the past. Heck,
computers don't even always come with floppy drives as a standard anymore.
Remember back when that would be unheard of?

--
Have a nice day!

~Paul
Express Scripts,
Charting the future of pharmacy

~~~~~~
| |
|c--OD
| _)
| |
|-. |
/ `-# /A
/ /_|..`#.J/
||LJ `m''
ptaylor

"CyberTaz" wrote:

Sorry, I must have dozed off for an hour... But floppies still haven't
changed.

Regards |:)

On 8/16/05 6:06 PM, in article , "Doug
Robbins" wrote:

I believe that processor speeds are nudging 4 gHz. They're at least at 3.80

RAM capacity is up to 8GB