Graham Mayor

Only snag is that you can't create a fully functional normal.dot file by
saving a document as a template. Only Word can create a normal.dot file.

Nick wrote:
never mind, I found the problem, I think. There was no 'Normal.dot in
the Templates folder. I simply made to my preferences then saved it.
Next time I opened Word it was set up with my choice of fonts etc.

Thanks anyway
"Nick" wrote in message
Hi, hope you can help me with this. I have just finished doing a
fresh install of Microsoft Office 2003.

In Word, when I change the default font to, say, Ariel, the next
time I open Word, it reverts back to Times font.

I've changed the default font in Word many times in the past without
any problem but it seems nothing I try now will get Word to 'stick'
with any other default font but Times

Nick in Oz