Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

Default How can I recover an accidentally unsaved document after closing?

If you Saved any time during that 2 hrs, the last-saved version should be
retained by whatever name the file had... IOW, it would have been updated as
o tht pointand there really isn't anything you could do from within Word to
actually delete the file, itself.

If you *did not* save while you were working there is nothing to be done
now. Even if you had the Automatic BackUp feature turned on, it only writes
to the backup when you Save & the temp file does you no good once the program
shuts down (and really doesn't serve as a 'security blanket' anyway).

There must be something more to the story if Word did not prompt to save
before shutting down *and* did not offer an AutoRecover file when you
relaunched the program. (ToolsOptionsSave-Save AutoRecover info every: ___
minutes, if you don't have it turned on.)

The only other thought is the HD's Recycle Bin, but I doubt you wll find
anything there - certainly not anything beyond the last save.

You might want to build Ctrl+S into your work habits - it's a relatively
simple thing to do periodically to Save as you work without having to take
your hands away from the keyboard

Regards |:)

"Kate" wrote:

I was working on a Word document for about 2 hours. I must have hit a
shortcut by accident, becaus eit suddenly closed down, without offering me
the chance to save it first.
I need what i had written- is there any way I coudl retreive the document? I
have tried looking in auto recover and my temp files, but none of them have
anythign in there. In fact, the document thinks it hasn't been worked on
since january. What the heck did i do, and is there any way of undoing it?