Jezebel

Clear the 'Picture Placeholders' checkbox on Tools Options.

Notwithstanding, you'll still get a better result importing from file rather
than pasting directly.

"Dr. Rand" Dr. wrote in message
I click on the cut or copy command on the .jpg, , then put the cursor

where I
want the photo in MS Word, then click the paste command. But the photo
doesn't appear---all that appears is a thin square empty box or a dotted
outline of an empty box.

"Jezebel" wrote:

The simple answer is you do it in exactly the same way. PowerPoint's Cut

and
Paste is the same as Word's. What goes wrong when you try it?

However, you'll get a better end result if you save the graphic to file,
then import the file.

"
om wrote in message
I can cut/copy & paste .jpg files/photos into Power Point and from one

folder
to another easily, but cannot do it into the middle of MS Word text or

into
the body of an e-mail. I have Windows XP, MS Word 2003, Yahoo e-mail.
Please tell me step-by-step.
Thank you.