Manuel Barrena Manuel Barrena is offline
Junior Member

Default Understanding tabs in TOC n styles

When I create a Table of content, page numbers are written at the left margin in each table entry. In order to do that, paragrahp styles TOC 1 to TOC 9 must have left tab stops defined at the left margin position. By using reveal formatting button, I can see the tab stops defined in their correct positions, what is completely right. However, if I examine the style TOC 1 by using the modify style option through the Style pane and access to the Tabs section from the button Format, then no tab stops appear defined there. I wonder then where is stored the information about tab stops to be applied in each TOC entry? Why the tab stops information does not appear in the tab section of the paragrahp style? It seems like the tab information had seen manually defined, but this is not possible because the paragrahp style is automatically applied by Word, so what am I missing here?