Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MikeB[_2_] MikeB[_2_] is offline

Default Pictures in a document

On Dec 4, 1:53*pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
You can put picture and caption together in a frame, but if you just want
the caption to be distinct from the surrounding text, apply a different
style (perhaps using a different font) and use enough Space Before/After to
set it off from the Body Text.

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

"MikeB" wrote in message

Truly dumb question, it is just that my mind is an absolute blank
right now.

I want to put pictures in a document. I want to have a caption and/or
title for the picture and I want it clearly delimited from the text
around it. Do I put it in a text box? I seem to recall a different
technique, but I can't right now recall what it is.

I'm having some difficulty getting to size the picture and the text
box, so if there is another way I'd rather to it that way.

Thanks and apologies for asking a Word 101 question.

Suzanne, that is helpful. I usually put the stuff in a text box. I
tried the Help, but only got something about a drawing frame. Is
there a link you can give me to where I can look into frames?