Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
lola5375 lola5375 is offline

Default Text displays as ZERO

Also, the data source is an Excel worksheet.
All of the other merge fields are working, just not this one...

"lola5375" wrote:

I just tried re-attaching my merge document with my data source.
No luck

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Have you added to field to the data source? What is the data source? Have
you tried re-attaching the modified data source to the mail merge main
document?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"lola5375" wrote in message
Yes, it is a merge field. I chose the merge field from the list, so it
matches the source file, and I have checked that the text exists in the
correct spot in the source file.
Both the merge document and the source file were created in 2003 and I am
using 2007. Would this cause a problem?

Thanks,
Lola

"macropod" wrote:

Hi lola,

Whar type of field are you using to add the text? If it's a mergefield,
have you named the data field correctly and does the
necessary text exist in the corresponding field for each record in the
source file?

--
Cheers
macropod

"lola5375" wrote in message
I am trying to insert a paragraph into a Word document through a merge.
When
I insert the merge field into the document, the text I have entered
displays
as a zero.
I should say that I did not create this merged document, I am simply
trying
to add a field to it.

Thanks.