gap

I"m not sure if I understand your predicament but in my computer (Word 2003)
I placed some AutoText Entries (via InsertAutoText) and set the "look in"
box to "all active templates" and it comes up in any/all documents.

Instead of placing the autotext entry in the Normal.dot try placing it in
"all active templates". See if that works.

gap

"JS in KC" wrote:

Since upgrading to Office 2003 Professional Edition, when I create a new
AutoText entry, it is only available in the current document, while I'm
working on that document. If I close the document and start a new one, the
AutoText entry is not availalble.

I am using the Normal.dot template. When we upgraded, all of the old
AutoText entries I had in my previous version of Word were transferred
automatically. I just can't create new ones that are available in other
documents, UNLESS I open Normal.dot and create them there.

John