Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg

Default how do I keep a dash from changing to a long dash

Tony,

It must be more than that. Using Word2000 here, I can check or uncheck
that option in both places and the result of pressing the - key in a
Word document is an en-dash. I can confirm that by performing a Find
operation with - in the find what field (Nothing found). If I put ^=
in the find what field then the find operation finds the - typed with
the AutoCorrect options checked or unchecked. I am stumped.