Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

Default how do I keep a dash from changing to a long dash

In my Word 2000, the option is "Symbol characters (--) with symbols (-)" so
typing a single hyphen is not affected - and if I type a single hyphen I get
a single hyphen.

Do you perhaps have an autocorrect which does this? I don't, and don't
recall removing one (so don't think it comes with one) but it has been
installed a long time so I could have done it and forgotten.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Greg" wrote in message
oups.com...
Tony,

It must be more than that. Using Word2000 here, I can check or uncheck
that option in both places and the result of pressing the - key in a
Word document is an en-dash. I can confirm that by performing a Find
operation with - in the find what field (Nothing found). If I put ^=
in the find what field then the find operation finds the - typed with
the AutoCorrect options checked or unchecked. I am stumped.