Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Default how do I keep a dash from changing to a long dash

Greg wrote:
Tony,

It must be more than that. Using Word2000 here, I can check or
uncheck that option in both places and the result of pressing the -
key in a Word document is an en-dash. I can confirm that by
performing a Find operation with - in the find what field (Nothing
found). If I put ^= in the find what field then the find operation
finds the - typed with the AutoCorrect options checked or unchecked.
I am stumped.

Hi Greg,

The AutoFormat options Tony mentioned are triggered by typing two hyphens
together, not by a single hyphen. I think you may separately have an
AutoCorrect item in your list. There isn't one by default, but it could have
been added. When I define an entry to convert a single hyphen to an en dash,
it does work.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman