Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TeamKaeru TeamKaeru is offline

Default Managing Links in MS Word documents - link checker?

I have the situation where I have to deal with many Word and PDF
documents on a website for reference. The problem is that the people
creating the Word documents aren't linking things correctly when they
create hyperlinks, thus creating bad links. The other part of the
problem is that many of the documents contain links that are very old
and no longer correct.

Is there any tool that will allow one to bulk process a directory full
of Word documents to check for the links that are inside them?

Either to check for bad links - like a search spider / link walker

Or to just list out the links that are created in each of the
documents?

Either of these options would be helpful.

TIA