Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default how do I keep a dash from changing to a long dash

The reply Suzanne referred to was the one (actually three) in the
thread "AutoFormat v. AutoFormat As You Type" in this newsgroup, which
you certainly know about since we have interleaved posts there.

This is one of the significant drawbacks of asking the same question
multiple times in different threads -- you can never be sure of which
thread contains which posts.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 16:04:21 -0700, Arlene
wrote:

Am I missing something? Here is the only reply I see from Jay and it does not
explain the difference:

Hi Greg,

The AutoFormat options Tony mentioned are triggered by typing two hyphens
together, not by a single hyphen. I think you may separately have an
AutoCorrect item in your list. There isn't one by default, but it could have
been added. When I define an entry to convert a single hyphen to an en dash,
it does work.