Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Marcus Fox

Default Indenting part of a paragraph...

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
On Mon, 15 May 2006 20:47:29 GMT, "Marcus Fox"
wrote:

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 15 May 2006 17:19:02 GMT, "Marcus Fox"
wrote:

Okay, is it possible in some way to specify the size of the drawing

object
in a dialog or similar, rather than having to compare it up against

the
ruler on the screen in Word? Which drawing object should I use?

Marcus

I'd use the rectangle tool from the Drawing toolbar, as it's probably
simplest (but not by much).

After drawing the rectangle to approximately the right size,
right-click it and select Format AutoShape. In that dialog:

- On the Colors & Lines tab, set "no line".
- On the Size tab, set the size you want.
- On the Layout tab, set the wrapping to Tight and the horizontal
alignment to Left. Then click the Advanced button; make sure the
vertical alignment is set to 0 relative to Paragraph, and that Move
With Text is checked.

The other objects I mentioned have similar but not identical dialogs.

Yeah, it's easy enough to do in Word 2000, but in Word XP, a poxy "create
your drawing here" box appears, and shifts the text around. Can I disable
that somehow?

Marcus

Yes. In Tools Options General, uncheck the box for "Automatically
create drawing canvas when inserting AutoShapes".

Thank you all.

Marcus