Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default How to number in one section but not another

Well, whatever works... But this is not the best way to do it.

"mikoh" wrote in message
Never mind, I got it. I just put a section break after every page and set
use different first page.
--
mikoh

"mikoh" wrote:

Sorry, but I don't get it. If you follow steps 1 and 2 you get separately
numbered sections. When you try to remove the numbers from the first
section,
both sections empty. Maybe I am not "unlinking" them correctly?
--
mikoh

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

You will have to unlink the footer (or header, depending on where page
numbers reside) of the first section. For more about this, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...rontMatter.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"robertk9" wrote in message
I'm using Word 2002 and I have a document divided into two sections.
don't
want the pages in the first section to be numbered but do want the
pages
in
the second section to be numbered. I removed all the existing
numbers
and
successfully numbered the pages in the second section; however,
numbers
reappear in the first section. If I then delete the numbers in the
first
section, the numbers in both sections disappear. How do I solve
this?